Shot Up North’s showcase for new professional photographers
Who it’s for….
- Photographers at the beginning of their photographic careers, who consider that their work isn’t ready for the SUN Awards themselves, or who might still be in the process of building up their commissions or portfolio.
- You can be an assistant, photographer, freelance or running your own studio.
- Accepted areas of photographic practice are advertising, design, editorial or fashion.
- You must be based in the northern regions, from the Midlands to the Scottish Isles.
- You must not have entered the SUN Awards previously; nor can you enter both the SUN Awards and SUN Rise in the same year.
- You must be working as a photographer/assistant and cannot be in full time education.
- A single entry of up to 5 images can be submitted per photographer.
- Entry fee £25.00
- Images may be commissioned or non-commissioned.
- Submission is via our Online Form & Payment – images should be sent on CD or via Email.
- Our invited curator(s) will select those images which in their opinion best deserve to be in the showcase.
- Also one winner will be selected as SUN RISE Photographer of the Year.
All selected works will appear in a special Shot Up North online showcase.
Successful entries will be announced at the Leeds private view of SUN21
14 July till 6 October
Entries are now closed